Thursday, August 9, 2012

Transfers!


Dear Family,

So I got moved. Sister Ma'alopa eli from Samoa took my place in Winchester after seven and a half months in Jersey, and I was told I would be in a trio with Sister Pitcher and Sister Nelson in Paignton, Devon. I'm right next door to Plymouth, Teignmouth, and Penzance, and it was the most beautiful train ride I ever saw.

Unfortunately, I don't have too much time to email--what the office DIDN'T tell us was that Sister Pitcher is waiting for three weeks for her greenie to arrive from wherever she's from, and in the meantime, Paignton was actually closed and we are meant to work in Exeter only. We spent last night in Exeter flat (a legendary place) and now I'm writing from Paignton chapel, having found out I've got a talk on Sunday. We can't abandon either area, even for a few weeks--the spiritual warfare waged on the recent converts and investigators is too much without the help of the missionaries. It's interesting to see that while we have creature comforts of a first world country, spiritually it's like hacking through the jungle with a machete. We can't leave them to their own devices until we know they're ready, and at that point, the spirit will direct us to strengthen the next one who needs us. The work goes on, but we'll do everything we can to not let You Know Who gain any ground.

Love you all! Proper email on Monday, promise!

Love from,
Sister Willard

No comments:

Post a Comment